Friday, March 27, 2009

03-26-09 Friday Week 8

My good friend, Kath, took this pic.

I had the excellent occasion of working out with CrossFit badass and Super-Mom, Christin Street, this morning. We became acquainted through Facebook and have been trying to hook up for a while. Today was the day, and we had so much "fun" - we all know what fun means in CrossFit terms - that we decided to definitely do it again, maybe as a standing date. (Check out her Workout Log.)

Training Log
11AM Gymnastics
10 rounds for time:
10 Pullups
10 Ring Dips

Time -- 25:20
Christin -- 24:48 (w/asst bar dips)


I did all my pullups chest-to-bar and made sure to get full depth to lockout on all ring dips. Had to kip to get full lockout on most of the ring dips. Feeling much better today after the disaster that was yesterday! Christin rocked it - she stayed just ahead of me for most of the wod - I might have had a chance if my dips weren't one. at. a. time.


Tomorrow I will be hitting the CFED alt wod -- always a doozy (sp?)

PS -- All you lurkers, please say HI in comments! I keep having people tell me they read my blog all the time and I'm always surprised! Tommy is threatening to hook me up to Google Analytics!

3 comments:

jenna said...

Shana - great job in that WOD! That looks tough! I was finally making progress with my ring dips, but then I did "J.T." and now my shoulders are kinda messed up. You are a bad-a$$!!! I totally empathize with the 1-at-a-time ring dips...that's no fun, but hey, most girls aren't doing ring dips!!!

Jen said...

I definitely check in here everyday! I love to see what you're up to. Good days and PRs, slow days and diet slips - it's all part of the process and I can relate to it all. Thanks for sharing.

Shana A. said...

Thanks for sayin' hi! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that struggles with all this!