Saturday, March 7, 2009

03-07-09 Saturday Week 5

Two photos of me and Tommy doing "Linda" today, smashed together. (It was Jonathan's idea and handiwork...)

I'm back from house-sitting in Buford and having family time with nieces and nephews under the age of 4. Fort Bragg Dave was in town and met me and Tommy at the gym. He set a new PR in the Clean and Jerk (235 lbs) while Tommy and I did "Linda." Thanks for coaching us, Dave!

Training Log
4PM WOD
"Linda"
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:
Deadlift 1.5 x Bodyweight
Bench Press Bodyweight**
Squat Clean .75 x Bodyweight
Set up 3 bars and storm through for time.

**We don't have benches so both of us did declined pushups (feet on 20" box to shift more load forward) on parallettes to get extra ROM.

Shana used 200 lbs for the deadlift, 100 lbs for the squat cleans.
Time -- 25:45 (last did this exact wod 9-10-08 in 40:02 so pretty big PR!!)

Tommy used 225 lbs for the deadlift, 115 lbs for the squat cleans.
Time -- 31:06


I gotta say that I am now convinced my doctor is a miracle worker. My left arm is feeling SO good! I can hardly believe it. If you are in the Atlanta area and have issues, you should definitely look up Dr. Sadri at First Choice Healthcare (shout-out to Tom, too!)

No comments: