Friday, March 6, 2009

03-06-09 Friday Week 5

Working out at Town Center Park in Suwanee with the kids from No Excuses Athletics. (L-R Shana, Sanjeeda, Pat, Liz)

I'm house-sitting in Buford through tomorrow so I decided to visit our friends at No Excuses Athletics. They are some really good CrossFit neighbors (even though they're OTP!) and let me drop by for a workout. I got my butt kicked by Ben and a particularly nasty wod. Check it out.

Training Log
12:30PM Metcon
For time:
Run 1 Mile
50 Dumbbell Thrusters (used a pair of 20's)
40 Kettle Swings (used a 35 lb kettlebell)
30 Situps
20 Burpees
Run 1 Mile

Time -- 26:16

Thanks to Pat, Liz and Sanjeeda for being great workout pals and Ben for pushing me so hard!
That last mile was a killer. It was nice and sunny and warm outside and I've gotten so used to this cold weather. The heat of spring and summer will be an adjustment! Shoulder/elbow/arm is holding up nicely. It's still bruised from the treatments from Mon and Wed and I'll be interested to see how it does through the weekend.

2 comments:

Pat said...

ouch. That workout hurts just reading it. Running, thrusters, and burpees all in one workout. Impressive time. Glad to find your blog back today. I missed it.

The Orkins said...

Nice work Shana. That picture makes me miss our days in the park...