Saturday, January 31, 2009

What the heck is this blog?

Me and Sven.


So, I'm going to try to make a long story short here. I've been trying to decide lately if I really want to try to qualify for the 2009 CrossFit Games. The gym is getting busier and I have not had a lot of energy to motivate myself to work out, much less put in the extra effort it will require to qualify for an event that will involve athletes from all around the world!

I posted a "status update" on my Facebook page a couple of weeks ago saying I needed someone to coach the coach. That started an email dialog between me and Sven, who is a regular CrossFitter at BrandX CrossFit in Ramona, California. He suggested I start a program called Strength Bias, created by Jeff Martin. I asked if he'd be willing to send me workout "assignments" and he agreed. PatC and I came up with the idea to do a training log/blog so that it's easier for the West Coast to keep tabs on East Coast and I could also share my experiences with anyone who is interested.

I'll try to post daily with my workout results and weekly with new photos. I'm also going to try to do a new video every week. I am looking for volunteers who might have some free time during the middle of the day to take photos and video. I welcome any and all support as I am sure this is going to be a long hard road. Especially if I actually qualify for the Games!

2 comments:

MelissaR said...

Hey, I am currently available during the middle of the week if needed. Let me know.

Donna-MaD Crossfit said...

Find your motivation. If i had your strength and talent I would go for it! stay on track. think positive. Having someone write wod 'assignments' is great. one less thing to think about. stay strong.