Sunday, March 8, 2009

03-08-09 Sunday Week 5


Locale of today's wod: Stone Mountain. That's Ben Davis on the left, me on the right.

So Ben Davis from No Excuses Athletics in Suwanee has agreed to help me with motivation in trying to train hard for the qualifiers. He suggested we do some training at Stone Mountain and the weather was so perfect today we met there around 6PM. The "WOD" was all his creation.

Training Log
6PM WOD
Today's workout was not for time as neither of us remembered to bring any sort of timing device whatsoever. See that hill? Had to go up it 5 times. The 1st, 3rd and 5th time up... had to "sprint" (Sprint being in quotations because I felt like it was scarcely a sprint.) The 2nd and 4th time up... had to "broad jump" up the hill. (Broad jump in quotes... yeah. Same reason "sprint" was in quotes.) Each time at the bottom of the hill and at the top of the hill 30 squats and 20 pushups.
Well, the first round I did 20 pushups and then started to worry about the shoulder so changed it to 10. Ben stayed with the 30/20 rep scheme. By the end of the wod I had done 300 squats and 125 pushups. Ben did 300 squats and 200 pushups. OH! Forgot to mention that all of this followed having "run" up the mountain in the first place. After all that we looked like a couple of baby deer trying to get back down the mountain.

Today was my 4th day in a row, which I hope makes up for the fact that I did NOT workout Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Tomorrow, glorious rest day.

No comments: