Tuesday, September 29, 2009

09-29-09 Tuesday Week 35

Thruster from yesterday's AMRAP taken by Kristine with her iPhone! Thanks, Kristine!

So I just realized I had comments underneath the last couple of posts that needed "moderation" ... I think I changed some settings. I LOVE comments and really appreciate everyone who follows along on my fitness journey. So, THANK YOU all for your nice words. They always hit home. =o)

Today, I. am. SOOO. wrecked. Holy cow. I thought after a good night's sleep I'd be at least partially recovered but when I woke up this morning I felt like I had just finished the workout! Probably would have rested today but I told Brooke I'd work out with her if she'd help me with the 6:30 class so I did. Phew. I have a really bad case of the "Elvis-leg."

Training Log
8:00PM
7 rounds for time:
5 Hang Power Snatch 55 lbs
10 Overhead Squats 55 lbs
15 Box Jumps 20"

Time -- 12:14

Oh yeah, I could swear I was wearing my gym bag on my shoulder when I left the house but it never actually made it into my car. I had to do this whole workout barefoot since my shoes were in my gym bag and I coached all the PM sessions in flip flops. (Probably not safe to do box jumps in flip flops) I'm sure it slowed me down as I had to step off the box instead of jump off.

I don't care what the wod is tomorrow. I'm resting.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Thanks for working out with me despite your "Elvis Leg" issues! :)

Mariah CFD said...

F! I need to move to ATL! You beat me by a round on that dumb AMRAP wod and ol' LD beat me by 4 seconds on Helen. I would much rather get beat in person=) Grr. Oh and I am having similar training issues. This week I decided to stop being such a slouch and be strict on my diet(the casual approach was NOT working-unfortunately) I need a coach or someone to compete with. Sean doesn't count in my head, couldn't tell ya why, maybe I need to get over that. Wow! Verbal diarrhea! ANYWAY...keep up the good work!