Saturday, September 5, 2009

09-05-09 Saturday (8 weeks post-Games)

C-Street and I doing a heinous wod called "Ring Around the Boxes" that we did (courtesy CrossFit by Overload)

It is now 8 weeks post-'09 CrossFit Games. Had a little post-Games depression, and even though the title is misleading, my world has actually stopped revolving around the CrossFit Games. I took it easy for about 6 weeks (including nutrition) but am now back on the horse. Not in competition training mode, but back to hitting it hard and back to a reasonable intensity that can't be written off as just fucking around. And, you know, I say I "took it easy" but really, mentally, that is almost impossible for me. I must have some internal driving force that is always telling me I should have gone faster, tried harder.
For the last 2 weeks I've been consistent in my workouts and tightening up my diet. Today is noteworthy because I hit my first post-Games PR .... I think (haven't been keeping good track)

Training Log
10:30AM
"Jumping Grace"
5 rounds for time:
6 Clean & Jerks 95 lbs
10 Bo Jumps 20"

Time -- 5:36 (previous time 6:10 from 06-10-09, exactly 1 month before Games)


I felt really good this morning. Gave myself a nice "Fran-cough." Have eaten nothing but meat, fruit, veggies and some unsweetened coffee for the last 4 or 5 days and am feeling much better. I'm going to try to keep up this log. It's a great way to keep track and stay focused.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Back on the horse! Sweet!
Keep pushing, Girl.
Holler if you need me, ok?