Saturday, May 30, 2009

05-30-09 Saturday Week16

Fun with Photoshop... silly photo of me and one of my doggies. He's a Great Dane named Wolfgang. The other one is a Bullmastiff named Fran.

Whew. It's been a rough 3 days. I've had some super-intense workouts that just left me exhausted today. It was all I could do to make myself finish this workout.

Training Log
11:00AM
Back Squat 3x5 (high bar)
135 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
200 (f)

Then:
"Kelly"
5 rounds for time:
400 M Run
30 Box Jumps 24"
30 Wall Ball Shots 14lbs to 10' target

Time -- 33:35
Tommy -- 33:34
Marshall -- 31:28

Blechk. Was totally not into the back squats. Doing them low-bar style really hurts my shoulder, and Coach Burgener scolded me for doing them anyway... so it was back to Olympic style today. After the set of 185 - didn't really have anything left. Before starting strength bias, my BS PR was 185 for a single (high bar) so I feel like there's definitely progress there.

I was going to join Tommy & Mandy at the pool, but I couldn't move and after eating lunch, immediately fell asleep. Long nap. Active rest tomorrow(maybe) and possible trip to Stone Mountain or some running. Right now, Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family...

1 comment:

dawn said...

gotta love the gentle giants....we have two blue danes ourselves!