Friday, May 29, 2009

05-29-09 Friday Week 16

Kinda cool sketch version of a photo from Regionals sent to me by the nice folks at BGI CrossFit in Florida.

I'm about to have to suck it up and tighten up my diet. It's not that far off, but I've been telling myself I have plenty of time to fine tune it before Aromas. Yeah, well, Aromas is, like 6 weeks away. It's time to suck it up. Tonight's dinner (post-workout) was ground bison on a salad of romaine lettuce, roasted red pepper and granny smith apple. Yummy and satisfying. I'm back on the Paleo horse.

Training Log
5:45PM
25-20-15-10-5
Side Jump Burpees (lateral jump over a 12" parallette instead of the usual jump/clap)
Dumbbell Squat Snatch w/30 lbs

Time -- 16:06

Then:
Front Squat 3x5
135 x 5
165 x 3
155 x5

Afterwards did about 10 strict HSPU negatives to full parallette depth. Also practiced strict muscle-ups and muscle-ups with the turnout for full-extension. Probably did about 12 total. They are definitely getting better and my HSPU strength seems to be improving. I can do 1 or 2 strict ones to normal depth and am determined to improve that max set.

Tried to do the metcon with a 35 lb dumbbell but maybe I wasn't warm enough or something, but I couldn't seem to get control of it with my shoulder so I switched to a 30 lb. I wrote the workout for CFED to today with med ball cleans instead of snatches - Sven just thought it should be a little tougher. It was. I was almost as nauseous when it was done as I was after Fran yesterday, it just didn't last as long. Good times.

No comments: