Sunday, March 21, 2010

03-21-10 Sunday Week 59

Training Log
2:30PM
For time:
800 M Run (in the rain)
70 Lunges
60 Box Jumps 20"
50 Situps
400 M Run (in the rain)
30 Burpees (strict)
20 Ring Dips
10 Handstand Pushups

Time - 22:24

The clock was at 18ish when I got to that last set of HSPU. I did them with my hands on 25 lb bumpers plates (probably about 3" high) and touched the top of my head to the floor. I did kip them but the negative was strict. I am trying to increase the strength of my HSPU throughout my entire range of motion. The kip gets me started but I know the slow, controlled negative will make the concentric stronger, too.
Legs are SO heavy today after 40 front squats at 105 lbs in around 2 minutes yesterday.

2 comments:

mariah provost said...

I bet it was easier to 40 with 2 abmats than 10 below parallel! Great job Sat! I am looking forward to training with monsters!

Shana A. said...

Yes, Mariah!!! I am LOVIN' the beastiness of our Saturdays!! What a great thing they are doing. Are you going to keep coming all the way from Dahlonega?