Wednesday, March 10, 2010

03-10-10 Wednesday Week 58

Spencer and I doing a workout involving way too many front squats.

I am such a lucky chick to have super-awesome peeps to workout with. Tonight, Aimee and Wes got to go through the torture with me ... It was raining, and there was running. And sometimes, it rains and you have to run. So we did.

Training Log
3:30PM
Shoulder Press
5 - 5 - 3 - 2 - 5
65 x 5
75 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 2
100 x 2

7:00PM
4 rounds for time:
Run 200 M
60 second handstand hold
20 shoulder press (w:45 m:65)
40 double unders

Time -- 19:10
Aimee -- 19:31
Wes -- 32:21

On the focused lift - I've done 95 x 5 many times so wanted to see how many times I could put up 100. I didn't rest very much between sets. Kind of just enough time to change the plates and shake out my arms ....
Then that metcon... Holy shoulder burn. Damn. The 1-minute handstand hold was bad enough but the shoulder press afterward was just ... I really have no words. First and last handstand was continuous, but the two middle rounds were broken into 2 sets.
Aimee was ahead of me for the whole workout until after the run on the very last round, man I love working out with her. And I always love working out with Wes, too. He always goes hard and gives it all he's got.

1 comment:

Christin said...

Looks like a killer metcon! Go Shana and Aimee!