Saturday, March 20, 2010

03-20-10 Saturday Week 59

Georgia Qualifier Cup Meeting

Today was the first event in the GA Qualifier Cup weekly competition that Ken Gall and Mike G have set up to help all the Georgia competitors going to Regionals stay in top shape. Athletes are only eligible to participate if they are qualified for 2010 CrossFit Games Southeast Regionals. Such a great time hanging with so many excellent athletes!! Looking forward to making this my weekly Saturday routine for the next couple of months!

Training Log
12:30PM-ish ...
For time:
40 Handstand Pushups (hands on 10lbs bumper plates/2 abmat pushup depth)
40 Front Squats (105lbs)

Time -- 4:46

I got 2nd place today. There are some girls coming to compete tomorrow and athletes who live outside the Atlanta area can send in videos by Sunday night. We'll see how I stack up when it's all said and done. I made the mistake of maxing out the HSPU... I should have come of the wall before I hit failure and I would have finished them way faster. Made up a little time on the FS but my shoulders were so taxed it was hard to keep a good front rack. Legs were like jelly afterward.
Can't wait to do it again next Saturday!! (I hope there's power cleans and muscle ups!!)




No comments: