Sunday, June 28, 2009

06-28-09 Sunday Week 20

Chuck and I, and the rest of us off camera, were drenched when this was over. I should be well prepared for any heat in Cali!

I crashed the trainer lunchtime wod at the L1 at CFATL again today! They were nice enough to let me join in!

Training Log
1:00PMish...
Partner WOD
As many round as possible in 15 minutes of:
5 CTB Pullups
10 Pushups
1 Squat Clean (125/185 lbs) first round, 2 second round, and so on...

Only one partner can work at a time so the other rests while waiting for the one working to complete a round.

My partner was Brandon Conner from (CrossFit NE Georgia). The other team was Chuck Carswell (CFHQ)and Andy Stumph (CF Coranado)
I think our team got just under 14 rounds - I was maybe just into the set of 7 cleans when they called time) Other team got just under 15 rounds - Andy was working on his set of 7 cleans when the clock stopped (Chuck and I went first). Brandon did power cleans with 153 lbs and did regular pullups.

This was a great way to get a wod. I felt like I pushed much harder and the power output per round was much higher than it would have been if I had continually worked throughout the 15 minutes. It was the equivalent of doing 400 M repeats. It was exactly what I needed today. Abs are SORE from KTE yesterday and my legs are starting to feel it, too.

Congrats to Brooke, Christin and Sheryl on earning their Level I Cert this weekend. All 3 of them did Fran as Rx'd. Way to represent, you badasses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Working with my Boys!
A da Gurl!
Hope that that things are getting better and that you are getting ready to go, both physically and mentally.
Drop me a line when you get a chance, ok?