Sunday, June 7, 2009

06-06-09 Saturday Week 17

Ben, B-Mack and I doing a wod that could only come from the mind of an evil genius...

Interning at the CrossFit Running and Endurance Certification this weekend at CF BWI in Maryland. Long morning of lectures and drills and analyzing runners... what better wod to "run" - pun absolutely intended - than 1.75 miles of 100 Meter sprints...

Training Log
Lunchtime ( I honestly have no clue what time it was, but the sun was high in the sky and it was HOT!)
Here's how it went:

For 8 minutes straight, every 30 seconds sprint 100 meters (1,600 M total) Basically, you have 30 seconds to sprint 100 meters, recover and 3, 2, 1...GO again. So, if it takes you 18 seconds to travel that distance, you have 12 seconds recovery time.
Rest 4 minutes.
Then 4 minutes of 100M on 30 seconds (or 800 M)
Rest 2 minutes.
Then 2 minutes of 100M on 30 seconds (400 M)

All. Sprinting.



I mean, I call it sprinting. Sometimes it FELT more like lumbering and just trying to make it the whole 100 M to just turn right around and run it again with no recovery! I totally needed it and it was inspiring and humbling to be able to wod with THE CF Running God, if you will. I have to say, the CF R&E is cert is my favorite cert BY FAR and I have been to A LOT of CF Certs. B-Mack, Carl and Ben K. (aka The Aussie --ha!) are some of the most generous, easy-going coaches I've met and their passion and expertise make it so easy to become a better runner. I'm honored to be part of the team!

1 comment:

Kath said...

That wod just sounds horrible HAHA. I've been following CFE so some of the sheite they've come up with as let me know JUST how "evil-genius" they are. ...I mean "death-by-10m" -- crazy.