Saturday, June 20, 2009

06-20-09 Saturday Week 19

This machine is called the Prowler and I can't think of one nice thing to say about it.

I had to go to Macon this morning, my mom and step-dad live there, it's where I grew up and my sister came up from Florida and my grandparents from Louisianna. I decided to stop by CrossFit North Macon to check them out. I am really glad I did. Howard and Virginia are great people and I had an awesome time talking with them and working out there! I am going to try to talk my mom into trying them out ... Mom, I know you're reading this - you should do it!!

Training Log
11AM
Front Squat 3x3
145 x 3
170 x 3 (previous 1RM)
180 x 1 (PR by 10 lbs!!)

then...

21 - 15 - 9
Push Press 95 lbs
Sumo Deadlift High Pull 75 lbs
Burpees
Prowler Push (loaded with 50 lbs)

Time -- 23:46

Phew. That Prowler thing is hard! I loved it in that CrossFit kinda way, where the more awful it is the more you appreciate having done it when it's over. I'm not sure the exact distance I pushed it but I started out with 4 lengths, then did 3, then 2 - so the distance got a little shorter with the descending rep scheme. Yesterday was rest day but I am still sore from a really tough couple of days.




3 comments:

ToddMR said...

No doubt, the prowler is a b@stard. I like incorporating sled drags into my training.

Patrick Haskell said...

Your workouts have reached another level of ill, Shana. With that kind of volume under your belt, you're gonna crush day 2 in Aromas.

Unknown said...

Hey Shana,

Awesome work Saturday.

I think the one-way distance is 80' for the prowler push. I'll remeasure just to be sure.

Thanks again,

howard