Sunday, June 21, 2009

06-21-09 Sunday Week 19

No photo today. Tried to do a video but had some technical difficulties. For some reason my camera automatically stops vids at 10 minutes. Must read manual and figure that out...

Training Log
1PM
Dia-fran-abeth
21 Deadlift 185 lbs
21 Handstand Pushups
15 Thrusters 80 lbs
15 Chest to bar pullups
9 Squat Cleans 105 lbs
9 Ring Dips

Time -- 10:23

I am not feeling so good about this. 21 handstand pushups is just nightmare-ish for me apparently. I knocked out 10 straight and after that it was sets of 3 or less. They took me just shy of 4 minutes. F#@k !!! Other girls are doing this in around 6 minutes and I am feeling inadequate. I am not sure how I can even increase a max set of HSPU in about 2 weeks... UGH. Oh well, I'll just keep on keeping on and reminding myself that my best is going to be good enough for me. Maybe tomorrow will give me some more confidence.

5 comments:

jenna said...

Shana - don't worry! I bet I couldn't even do this WOD in 10 minutes. I think you are awesome! I suck at HSPU, too. Sorry, not saying you suck at them! But, I am saying that I understand where you're coming from. Just remember that we may or may not have to do HSPU at the games, and so don't stress too much about whether or not you can do them. Focus on what you CAN do - which is pretty much everything, really awesome-like!

Looking forward to meeting you in Cali! Looks like you've got some good training going on, so keep it up!

Shana A. said...

Thanks, Jenna. Looking forward to meeting you, too! If nothing else, we'll have a blast just hanging out with a whole bunch of badasses! =o)

Scott G said...

My god. it would have taken me 10 minutes to get through the hand stand push ups...
Scott G

Dana said...

I'll do this one tomorrow and when it takes me 10 minutes just to get through 21's you'll feel more than adequate again. Remember there is a whole lot more to the games than a possible hspu. The girls that are getting sub 7 are showcasing their talent right now. You'll have your day on July 11th. Can't wait!

Shana A. said...

Thanks for all the tips and words of encouragement you've all sent by comment, text, and email! I will make the HSPU my bitch, you watch!! =oD