Tuesday, September 27, 2011

09-27-11 Tuesday Week 139

Wall balls; not a short girl's friend.
Did a double today. BJ was the culprit. Ended up with a sick trainer today and had to coach this evening so we had to squeeze the first one in right after the noon class...


Training Log
1:45PM-ish...
For time:
5-4-3-2-1
Muscle Ups
alternating with
50-40-30-20-10
Double Unders

Time -- 5:27

then ...

4:15PM
"Kelly"
5 rounds for time:
400 Meter Run
30 Box Jumps 24″
30 Wall Ball Shots (w: 14 m:20)

Time -- 30:53


The muscle up one was harder than I thought it would be. The false grip on the MUs affected my grip on the double unders and made them trickier than usual. Did the first 5 MUs unbroken -- the rest of the sets weren't so smooth. I finished with a cramp in my neck for some reason. Maybe the combo of all those rope climbs yesterday plus muscle ups to kick off today was the culprit.
As slow as I felt today, obviously, that is no blistering Kelly time, it was a PR for me by 2 mins 39 seconds... I'll take it. I felt like I was dragging my stumps through a swamp. I hate wall balls. I finished that wod thinking I could have done it faster and I hate that feeling. Oh well. Off to Buford in the morning for the O-lifting so I must away to bed. I am going to sleep well.



3 comments:

Brandon said...

I don't think you were the only one dragging on that WOD. It kicked everyone's butt. Thanks for letting me come by yesterday. Great coaching as always. Always a pleasure to learn from the best.

CopPop said...

I'll third the opinion that that WOD was a killer. Chet nailed it - after the 4th round you're thinking it was a good workout - the 5th round is just torture.

MM2 said...

Funny cuz I remember watching some of the regional updates the last couple years and I always thought you were 5'7" - 5'8".