Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11-3-09 Tuesday Week 40

Spencer and I in the middle of front squat misery.

I am still loving doing our own programming. Tommy and I alternate every other week, and this is my week. I freaking HATE max rep workouts. And I freaking HATE pushups. So today's wod was max reps and it had pushups. Worked out with the 5:30PM crew while Jonathan coached - it was a great crew and I always enjoy a wod with Spencer. He seems to be as miserable as I am...

Training Log
5:30 PM

Skill-building exercise:
Tabata L-sits.

then...

5 rounds for max reps of:
Front Squats w/65 lbs
Pushups
Rest no more than 2 minutes between each move.

Reps: 50-30-32-26-30=168 front squats
22-20-21-19-19=101 pushups

Wrecked. After 75 pullups and heavy PJs yesterday and what we did tonight, I am spent. The shoulders were the limiting factor in the front squats, which surprised me. My legs could have kept going but holding the front rack became impossible after a max set of pushups. Phew. I can barely type this.

No comments: