Thursday, August 18, 2011

08-18-11 Thursday Week 133

If you look closely, you can see that my legs are black with "burpee dirt!"
Today's workout was great and I'd love to be able to take credit for it ... I do 99% of the programming at CFED ... but it was Shug's brain child. It was as awful as it looked, but sometimes, those are the ones you feel the best after having defeated. I stared down the beast today, and today, "Beast, thy name is Front Squat."



Training Log
5:00PM
Begin Warm-Up
7:30PM
For time:
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 rep rounds of --
Front Squat (w:95/110 m: 135/155)
Burpees

Time -- 9:12  ( I used 110 lbs)


This was as miserable as it looks. The burpees were simply a respite from the front squats. I did all the front squats unbroken ... the worst was that last set. I knew I could do all ten, but I also knew how awful it was going to be. The last 2 were ugly, at best. Still, I have much love for the good ole front squat.

P.S. - thank you all for the lovely comments on yesterday's post. I heart comments!

3 comments:

Hubert Hixson said...

Great Work!! Escpecially with the front squats. They are not my friend (Don't like how the bar bends my wrist) after 2 or 3 they'll hurt all day. Even with light weight.

Shana A. said...

Thanks, Junior. I'm sure you know the bar shouldn't sit not on your wrists but on your shoulders in the front rack. Maybe do some of those awesome mobility drills for the front rack on Kstar's website?

Hubert Hixson said...

Right on, I'll check that out. Keep up the stellar work