Sunday, October 11, 2009

10-11-09 Sunday Week 36

Shoulder press.

Last night I cheated on my diet for the first time in almost 2 whole weeks. I've been staying strict on everything. Nothing but fruits, veggies, nuts and meat for me in the last 2 weeks - except for coffee with heavy cream. We even had dinner at Jonathan's parents house last night and brought our own food to cook along with us (bison steaks and grilled asparagus.) I am not going to get on the scale because it just messes with my head when I do, but I am pretty sure that post-Games 10 lbs is gone. Phew.

So anyway, back to last night. It's been a long week and I wanted some ice cream so we stopped at Bruster's on the way home and got some. I ate approximately half a pint and about 30 minutes later passed the fuck out. Coma-style. I was STILL groggy when I woke up this morning. Thank goodness I knew the Sunday crew would be waiting on me because I probably wouldn't have worked out. Ann-imal made up Friday's workout with me and Phil did Fran (pr'd by over a minute!! Way to go, Phil!)

Training Log
10:30AM
Shoulder Press 3x3
85 x 3
95 x 3
100 x 3 (PR!!)

then...

21 - 15 - 9
Push Press (80 lbs)
Full Squat Clean (80 lbs)

Time -- 10:00
Ann-imal -- 12:38
Phil -- 7:15 (Fran Rx'd)

I was more sore from those burpees yesterday than I expected to be! But I am SO glad I worked out!! I am certain I could have gone faster as I caught myself spectating and cheering on Phil in the middle of my 15-set of cleans, haha! First and last sets of push presses were unbroken, yay!! Was way impressed with Ann, who barely weighs 100 lbs rock 80 lbs overhead like it was gravy. Good company for a Sunday.

1 comment:

Christin said...

Hated missing today. I was there in spirit, though. Damn good performance, Shana!