Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10-05-09 Tuesday Week 36

Yesterday we started a little experiment. I made the decision to go off of CFHQ programming for a while and also not reveal the workouts early on the website, but at the end of the day along with the scores.
Okay, wow.
First, I didn't realize how excited I would be about it and I didn't realize how much some people would resist it.
In reality, the majority of our crew doesn't do the HQ wod as prescribed, they do a scaled version or an alternate that we provide. One problem that I have with HQ is that it is programming for a theoretical athlete. I have real people in my gym and I feel like I am pretty tuned in to where everyone is and what kind of workouts we really NEED to be doing for everyone to make some real progress. I am super excited for how creative this will allow me to be and how much I can really cater to the collective level of fitness at our gym.
It always surprises me HOW MUCH the mental standing of the athlete at any given moment affects performance. It's so cliche but it's so true that ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!! And for me this week, I AM EXCITED!! I've been in a little bit of a burnout/slump, but this experiment has me AMPED right now. I love that feeling, especially when it carries over into my workouts!!!

Training Log
Noon
Front Squat 3x3
then...
10 minute AMRAP:
5 Pushups
7 Med-ball cleans (14 lbs)
9 Lateral hops over a 12"parallette* (back & forth is 1 rep)

FS
145x3
155x3
170x2

Rounds: 11 rounds, 5 pushups, 6 med-ball cleans


That AMRAP was more of a smoker than I even thought. I LOVED it! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Sean Provost, Crossfit Dahlonega said...

We don't, (and have never in the 2 years we have been open) used mainsite programming. I am not saying that MS prog. is bad at all, but I really can't imagine using it at this point. I totally agree that we are able to better suit our clients needs by being able to be flexable to how they are feeling from wods earlier in the week, and what they need in the moment. I, for one, think you made a good decision on this one. (even though when you tell people you will probably get the "REALLY?" remark :)