Sunday, January 24, 2010

01-24-10 Sunday Week 51

Eric and I sharing the ring tower for today's workout.

I've been wanting to try out "true pushups" which are sometimes posted on CrossFit Football. True Push Ups are done with both hands and feet balancing on parallettes, make sure you get your chest below parallel." There were 6 of us working out and we don't have that many parallettes so we decided to do true ring pushups. Feet on parallettes, hands on rings. WELL... there were ring dips, too, and the set of rings I picked have clasps that slip so there knots in the rings. Hence the above picture wherein I use the giant dip-bar parallettes to put my feet on... Eric did his ring dips on the high rings... well, you get the idea.

Training Log
11:30AM
"Chippah"
For time:
25 Pullups (I did chest to bar.)
20 Squat Cleans 105 lbs
25 True Ring Pushups
20 Overhead Squats 105 lbs
25 Ring Dips
20 Box Jumps 30"

Time -- 24:12
Eric -- 12:53 (subbed 250 lb deadlifts for cleans and OHS.)
Jonathan -- 24:48 (115lb cleans & OHS)
Phil -- 26:39 (115lb cleans & OHS)
Spencer -- 32:21 (bar dips)
Joe C. -- 30:45 (115lb SDHP for cleans, 115lb OHS, parallette true pushups, ring dip negatives, 24" box)

That was a good time. SOOOO glad to be back in the gym. I am really glad I ended up taking more time off than I had planned. I had a lot of time to focus on flexibility and everything feels a little easier somehow.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

great pic!!