Friday, July 3, 2009

07-03-09 Friday Week 21

Pic from August 30 of last year when I met Sven for the first time! We got "Randy" together.

SOoooo sore today. Holy crap, my gluteus is maximus-ly perturbed with me! Those lunges were no joke. Decided to do the HQ WOD today. Decided to use the men's weight. I may be paying for those decisions tomorrow and will most likely rest. Depends how I feel.

Training Log
8AM
"Randy"
For time:
75 Power Snatches 75 lbs

Time -- 9:32

Last August I did this in 8:24. I was hoping to PR by hitting about that same time with 20 lbs more but my "posterior chain" is so fried out, I wasn't really able to maintain as high a power output as I would have liked due to muscle failure. I will officially begin tapering tomorrow and do something light and fast on Sunday. Leaning towards "Helen" but am open to suggestions. I am thinking that HQ will release the Games wods soon and I get butterflies when I think about it.

No comments: